I offer in-home training for you and your four-legged companion. I look forward to getting to know you and your fur baby and helping you both build a fur-ever bond!
Canine Good Citizen
I can’t say enough about this class and the benefits it can give you and your dog. If your thinking about getting your pup certified in therapy work then this is the class for you. All dogs that complete tthis course will have the skills needed to pass any therapy dog exam. the following skills will be taught in this course: Accepting a friendly stranger, Siting politely for petting, Apperance and grooming, Walking on a loose leash, Walking through a crowd, Sit and Down on command and Stay in place, Come when called, Reaction to another dog, Reaction to distraction, and Supervised separation. Check out AKC’s website for more details and don’t hesitate to email me for any questions you may have. http://www.akc.org/dog-owners/training/canine-good-citizen/
I offer this course privately and can arrange a group upon request and availability. 6 weeks for $300 (includes the test) or 6-week group class for $150 (includes test).
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy (Socialization, Training, Activity, and Responsibility)
We will work together on the following and start your puppy ont eh fast track to success and a long life of happiness.
- Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
- Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
- Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
- Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
- Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
- Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
- Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
- Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
- Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
- Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
- Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
- Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
- Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
- Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
- Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
- Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
- Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
- Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
I offer this course at $150 for 6-weeks (includes test).
Basic Obedience Brush-up
Does your fur baby already know some commands but they start to act silly or unresponsive when you ask them to do something? Do you feel they need to “go back to school” Then this class is for you. I will help you and your furry companion build on the skills you have and make them valuable again. Don’t worry, it happens to all of us so join today and lets get both of you back on track. This course will be taught using Positive Reinforcement Methods.
I offer this course at $150 for 6-weeks.
I also offer………
Pet Nutrition Consultations
Feline Management and Training
Basic Puppy Training
Trick Training: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced ( You will receive a certificate for each title after meeting set requirements, Check out http://domorewithyourdog.com/ for details)
These courses are offered privately and session lengths may vary. $50 per session.
If you don’t see something you’d like or have questions please send me an email or text.
Coming later this year………
SUP (Stand up Paddle Board) with your dog
Intro to Pet Massage
Intro to cooking for your pets
Thanks for visiting